Custom Search

Monday, July 22, 2013

My First Game Making Class Day 1


The first day was pretty good eventhough everything I pretty much planned fell apart; this is kind of a theme in South Korea as far as teaching goes: from technical issues, to some damage on my desktop due to transportation, to schedluing issues... the list just keeps going on. However, we went over the basics of the internet and answered all of the questions I wanted them to answer, and used the movie the "Social Network" as an example of how HTML CSS and Javascript work.



After looking at three clone tutorials (astriods, pac-man, and breakout) students decided to make a pacman clone.  So I created the character above based on their feed back. 

Game doucment so far...
Teachers (Ghosts)
Pacman (Student)
Food (Finished Test)


Avoid Bad Things -points and slow you down
Cigarettes/Adult Videos


Power Ups
Red Monster Coffee_ Ramen

I'm going to continue to develop the art from the list above since we have no real artists. Also, with the scheduling concerns, I hope my class is not cancled today; if it is, I'll have to email the the C2 file, and countinue working on the game with the students online. This of course will be a pain becuase they are teenage boys with other things to do this summer.

Today we will be talking about gameplay and game art...

This will be the vocabaulary in foucus for next class:

Events in relation to Java Script and game development.
Sprite Sheets_
Level Design_
Back Ground Image_
gif, png, jpeg.



No comments:

Post a Comment